Thursday 18 December 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I'm quite proud of myself. I've made quite a few presents this year for friends and family. The latest are these felt flower brooches for P's school teachers. There's the main teacher, the teacher in training, and 3 other class room assistants that help out occasionally and she wanted to have gifts for them all, so I had such fun making these last night whilst watching the compulsory wednesday night viewing of Desperate Housewives. I LOVE that programme! Here are the brooches. They are so versatile and can be pinned on bags, jackets, in hair, or on belts. I really like them.



Our tree's been up for a week and a half now and it's really lovely to have just the lights on. It's put me more in the festive mood and I've done 99% of all my wrapping and put the non-P presents under the tree for giving out as and when and P's done some wrapping too and given out her little presents to her select few friends that we got cute wooden bookmarks for this year. I got 6 and told her she could choose friends to give them to and she surprised me with one or two which is nice. You always want your children to have friends and be happy at school and it's little things like this that make you realise that even at 5 they have forged relationships with other people enough to want to put them on their gift list. There were 2 boys in this year's list! Cute.


I can't believe it's Christmas next week. This year has flown. A friend and I were doing a positive and negative list for 2008 and mine came out mostly positive for this year with the most important area being in my personal growth. I've learnt a lot, thought a lot and slept a lot in 2008 and I think it's done me good. I feel in the best mental shape I've ever felt and I can honestly say that I'm so happy being me although it's taken a lot of soul searching and not been an easy journey, and is one that will continue for a long time to come. My relationships with family, friends and clients has improved and I would say that I'm mostly content with my lot which is something that I've never been able to say before.

I hope 2009 is even better!

N x

No comments: