Sunday 19 April 2009

Crafty Transformations

It's all go in my house. I've decided to transform my garage into a work area for my fascinator stuff because everything is starting to spill over into everything else and I'm getting all confused as to where things are. So, I thought I'd document it.

This is the before picture:



This is the during picture:


I'll post the after picture when I've finished! It's a big job but it will be SO lovely to be able to put my hands on everything now I've accumulated so much stuff!

Tomorrow I have decided to knock out my fireplace in my lounge, (or rather my dad is knocking it out). It's an old stone one which is a bit ugly and has a big hearth that takes up too much room. I have a gorgeous real fire which I am keeping, but I'm going to have it flush to the wall I think, with some slate tiles as a hearth, and maybe a mantle shelf, but I'm not sure yet.

This is what it looks like now:


I'll keep you posted on the mess...

We took my Dad to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on Friday at the theatre. It was great, and my whole family went. P thought it was fab and kept laughing. I love the theatre. There's something about watching a live performance that's really endearing. One of my favourite musicals is Les Miserables. I saw it in London when I was in my teens and I have never forgotten the power of the whole thing. I'm not sure if you've seen our recent Britain's Got Talent programme, but this lady was on it a week ago. I can't embed the video as YouTube have disabled the option to do so, but click here and watch. It's amazing and this video has over 27million hits.

N x

No comments: