Sunday 13 December 2009

What A Week!

I've had THE best week! Talk about packing it in! It started on Tuesday when I made the 3 1/2 hour drive down to Kent to finally do my photo shoot for my 2010 fascinator range with John at Waterham Studios. After a quick cup of tea when I arrived, we went off to the most gorgeous little seaside town called Whitstable. It genuinely is probably one of my favourite places. Every shop is tiny and a boutique selling flowers, craft stuff, clothing and toys and it was all lit up for Christmas. I LOVED it! John and I went on a hunt for flower props in the fab flower shops, and ended up getting some amazing gerberas and the most beautiful ornamental cabbages! The colours were perfect to compliment my new pieces.



After having a look at the sea and breathing in all that amazing fresh sea air, we went back to John's house to spend the night with his wife and kids who are like my adoptive family when I'm in Kent. They are the most amazing people and I love them to death. I feel very lucky that one of my loveliest friends is also such a wonderful photographer who enables me not only to get some brilliant shots for my products but lets me get totally pampered by a professional make up artist and pose my heart out as my own model! I totally love it! Here's me with my lashes on! These are the second lot, the first lot were so big I could hardly lift my eyes up but they look great on camera!



My make up artist was an amazing young talent called Emily-Rose. She did 2 amazing looks for me which make all the difference to the shots. One 40's style for the big fascinators and a softer look for the wedding pieces. Here's a sneak peak at some of them...



Can't wait to put them all on the site!

Then, as if that wasn't enough excitement, I've just come back from celebrating my friend's 40th birthday at a swanky hotel! We drank champagne, ate gorgeous food and chilled to the max over the weekend... there should be more weeks like this!!

N x

No comments: