Monday 22 September 2008

Strength

Blogs amaze me. I just stumbled upon a blog which captivated my attention for about 45 minutes whilst I read through it mesmerised. It shows the complete strength that a family has when a tragedy happens. It made me think about my family and especially my parents and how I feel about them.

I typed this to a friend earlier. I wanted to share it.

"I love families. My family has always been important to me, but in the last 5 years I have come to have a respect for my parents that I didn't know existed before. I think since I've become a mother, I've grown in ways that I didn't realise I could grow. I've grown from a child, as two people's child, into an adult. I feel like instead of being dependent on my parents, I co-exist with them as an adult now and every day I thank my lucky stars that they are strong, loving, supportive, happy, and encouraging, and are such amazing role models.

I watch my daughter with my parents and I feel something that I can't describe. It's like I am enveloped in a blanket of love and warmth. I am so lucky that I have been able to experience having a child and making my parents grandparents. I feel very proud that I was able to do that both for them and for me. It was something that worried me constantly when I was younger, that I would never see my first child with my parents. They are a complete inspiration and the love and respect I feel for them now is stronger than ever. We've been though a lot together, and where things used to push us apart when I was growing up, now they brings us together. I realised that they were completely on my side.

Funny how a divorce can do that to you, to bring you closer to your family. I am thankful every day that Paul left because I know that I'd never have done the soul searcing and personal growing that I've been able to do in the last 18 months. My biggest negative has turned unexpectidly into my biggest positive and now I know what 'Time Heals' means...because it really does heal lots of things. More than you ever expected."



N x

No comments: