Sunday 4 January 2009

Make Up, Make Up...

I have to show you a picture of my Christmas Pyjamas that my sister got me. We both had the same pair. We looked like twins, even though there is 12 years difference between us. This is me in bed on Christmas night before I had to change because they were so warm! Rather fetching I think...


I had my back turned for 2 minutes yesterday when P and I were in my bedroom. My make up drawer was open... this is the result...

Expertly applied by a 5 year old using Mommy's red lipstick. 2 minutes to put on, 20 minutes to get off... happy days!!

2009 has started well. I've FINALLY got a new CD player fitted in my car and now we can at last have our favourite music on when we're driving. It's been about 9 months since my old one packed up and listening to the radio is great but there's nothing like being able to put on some good old Tom Jones and Rod Stewart and singing along at the top of your little voice whilst cruising in the frost! If only we could all hang some moves like Tom...



I'm not a fan of New Year's Resolutions because I think they put undue pressure on me to behave myself, but this year I am giving up chocolate for a bit (or until I've lost all the pre-Christmas chocolate podge) and I want to take up horse riding again. I really miss it, and haven't done it since I found out I was pregnant with P, 6 years ago. I used to ride every week and there is something wonderful about connecting with a horse. I love it. I'd love to join our local gym to be able to go swimming a bit too. I feel like I need to get fit, but hey, I'm expecting a good spring and summer for my fascinators and tiaras so I might not have the time! (fingers crossed.) I've also vowed to put my photos in albums this year. I was looking at some the other day and found this from when we took my Dad to Paris for his 60th birthday, 4 years ago. This is him and P at the foot of the steps in Monmartre. She looks so tiny!


I have a big week on this week, and into next. My tiara shoot has been organised for 14th and 15th January with John from Waterham Studios who I shot my last website photos with. I can't WAIT, but I have a lot to make and organise which will all take place when P goes back to school this tuesday. I've been waiting for ages to get my tiaras shot on person and I'm staying over this time so there won't be as much time restraints. Watch this space for the results. This is one of my fascinator ones that we did last year with a 40's theme which didn't go on my website.


My decorations have all come down today. It takes agest to put them up, ages to take them down, but I feel cleansed! My lounge looks twice as big and tidy. Kris helped me put everything in the loft so it's all back out of the way ready for this December... which will be here before we know it!

N x

No comments: