Tuesday 6 January 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Oh my goodness! I woke up yesterday, opened the blind and was greeted by a blanket of snow outside! What a shock! How come snow always falls overnight? Or it always seems to. The back garden looked so beautiful, but P had the day off school luckily, so we went out and built a snowman and the quality of the snow was fab!

It was that really great snow that makes good snowballs and sticks together really easily, so our snownman was big! He had a spent firework for his nose, fluffy fabric balls for his eyes and a pipecleaner mouth. He got adorned with Charlie's leopardskin blanket from one of his beds, and my hat (which I'll be looking all over for in a few days) and looked brilliant!

Charlie didn't know what to make of it and it took him ages to jump over the fence when I let him outside!


I've been making lots of jewellery for my shoot in a couple of weeks for my website. I've started with the earrings and done some necklaces and I need to do bracelets and hairpins, followed by the tiaras. I'm trying to do sets which can be purchased altogether, or as seperates to give customers a choice, and also when shooting allows my photographer to photograph a lot of items in one shot to save time and post shoot editing later. I've really enjoyed what I've done so far and I'm back in my groove!



I spoke to my friend Nic tonight. We lived together in Cardiff in my first year at University and lost touch 8 years ago. So much has happened in both of our lives since then and I'm so glad we found eachother again through Friends Reunited. I'm going to visit her at the end of the month and I can't wait to catch up over old photos and a bottle or two of wine in the Lake District where she lives now. We were such good friends and I feel that some good karma is here with us and we won't lose touch again. I'm a big believer that people are in or out of your life for a reason, and sometimes you're not sure what that reason is at the time and it only becomes clear later, or maybe not at all, but I'm sure fate plays a big part in my life and the path it takes.

N x

No comments: