Friday 20 February 2009

Shoots and Flowers

What a lovely week! I went down to Kent on tuesday (a 3 1/2 hr drive) to see John for my tiara photoshoot and had such a great time. He lives by the sea on the north Kent coastline so we went for lunch overlooking the sea and had a blustery walk along a little bit of the seafront.

We also went into Canterbury to see the cathedral which is absolutely enormous and we saw the Archbishop of Canterbury's house and then went back to his house and I met his wife and children and we sat and had chinese and chatted the night away. Then the hard work started!

On wednesday we went to the studio (which feels like my second home now), and Sarah our make up artist came and made me up to look all bridal with some beautiful make up. It takes SO long to get professional make up done but it's really worth it for a photo shoot. The base is really heavy and by the end of the day i'm sure it's about an inch thick with all the touch ups that are done throughout the day. On tuesday John and I got some flowers to use as props, 3 gorgeous long stemmed roses and 3 sunflowers which we used quite a lot. I also had the silk bouquet that was a mock up of my sister's wedding bouquet which was great.

I ended up wearing the massive tulle underskirt from my sister's wedding dress with the strapless bodice of my wedding dress which I wore 7 and a half years ago... and it still fitted! (although I couldn't breathe for most of the day because it was a bit tight!) I always knew it would come in handy one day. The images looked amazing on John's laptop and I can't wait to get the final edits so that I can put them onto the website. I've now realised I have a lot of admin work to do before then though with write ups, getting the products photographed on their own and adding them all to the website... looks like the fun's over!

I'm so lucky to have a good friend like John. I just wish we lived closer so we could see eachother more often. 3 1/2 hours is a long drive, especially when you're negotiating the M25 around London!

John has some original film set props. This is me in an actual Imperial Guard helmet from Star Wars. How exciting!


It's been half term this week so P's been with her dad for the days I was away, but today we are going to see Lazy Town Live at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham and we're going with her friend and her friend's mom. We're all looking forward to it and it's been a long time coming. All P's said since we woke up is "what time are we going?" and it's not until 5pm!

I've been making this week too. I shipped a double band tiara for the UK and I have 2 fascinators to make today for Texas which will be finished and shipped later. I also finished my Crown Tiara in time for the shoot. It ended up like this.

P's also been learning to ride her bike without stabilisers with my dad, and she's doing really well! I nominated him to undertake the task as I don't think I can cope with the stress!

All good fun :)

N x

No comments: