Wednesday 21 October 2009

A Month!

It's been a whole month since I've blogged! I need my wrists smacking! I really don't know where the time's gone. (I find this is a particularly common thread in my life!) but I have lots to share!

I had an email today telling me that I'd been featured on this amazing wedding website. They picked me off  Etsy obscurity and did a fantastic write up about my work. It couldn't have come at a better time, as I've been feeling very down on myself lately, thinking that my work isn't good enough and I should be doing more, even though I have some wonderful testimonials from clients who have purchased my stuff. I really should have more faith in myself!

This is the website that featured me. It's called WeddingChicks.com and you can see the article here.

Work has slowed right down over October and I've not had many orders, which is quite normal in the wedding business. It picks back up about Feb time, so I'm trying to think of things to do to see me through this period next year. I'm really interested in working with Burlesque dancers to create fab headpieces for their costumes, and have some contacts in that industry, so watch this space!

Here's a little preview of what I've been up to work wise over the last month...












































Far too much to not blog! I promise I'll be back regularly from now on! Not sure what's happening with my wonky pics either. Must get myself more tecno-savvy!

N x

1 comment:

Britt said...

so sad that you felt down on yourself! you're work is SO beautiful - i would be lucky to wear one of your pieces on my wedding day. i found you through the etsy wedding team blog, then i blogged about you on my own site, then i blogged about you on wedding chicks (where i am one of their real bride bloggers), AND after that the head of wedding chicks did a front page feature on you after seeing my post. so i'm totally behind you! keep up your amazing work, and i hope to be purchasing something from you in the coming months ;) can you tell i'm a fan?