Sunday 29 November 2009

Hip To Be Square

I'm happy with my bridal stuff for my 2010 collection so far, although need to create a couple more to finish off the collection, and I wanted to do something very different to what's available out in the stores and on the net for the Race Day pieces. After trawling through some wedding and fashion pages, I got the idea of doing a square design, and this is sort of it half cooked! I love the colours, and the shape. It needs more tweaking and some more weight at the back to balance it out, but I think it's a great design! Not for the feint hearted, but for someone who wants to be noticed! It's hip to be square, so Huey Lewis and The News told me when I was a kid!

I've used cerise and english rose sinamay with a beautiful false flower and some gorgeous green stripped quills to give dimension and an extra wow factor. What do you think?



I was also asked to make a piece for a client who's purchased from me in the past. The brief was that she had a champagne coloured dress, with black accessories, and wanted something light, not too bold, and delicate. This is what I came up with, and she loved it! (I loved it too, so much I might make it to go on my site!!)



Next week is a busy one, getting all my props and pieces finished for the shoot the week after and organising how I'm going to package them all so they don't get damaged 'en route'!

N x



1 comment:

jewelry by NaLa said...

Simply lovely designs.