Sunday 12 October 2008

Wedding Fever!

Rob is back! Hurray! He's been in Florida living it up for the last 3 and a half weeks and I've really missed him. Welcome home, my American Boy! I can't wait to see you next week.


It's all go in our family with the wedding only 6 days away now. The bridesmaid dresses fitted and are absolutely GORGEOUS!. They are at mom and dad's now with all the other dresses and my parents have a room dedicated to menus, favours, dresses, signs, table plans, name tags, and all the other madness that goes hand in hand with a wedding.

Dad said today that we've worked so hard on getting everything done. It's been a real family affair this wedding, with all of us playing our part in designing, constructing, finishing, and approving the day and night invitations and the rest of the stationery. Yes, we've done it all! We nicknamed our family the 'Famous Five' a long time ago because we always pull together when something needs doing, and this wedding has been lovely because it's involved all of us, although stressful!

I wish my little sister all the luck in the world for her wedding day, but it's the marriage that is important. It's ok to plan a lovely day and all the excitement that goes on around it, but when all that is over and it's just the two of you, you have to have the same relationship goals and be on the same 'path'. It didn't work for my marriage, and I take responsibility for some of that, but I'll know better next time, and maybe I'll get to wear a wedding dress again one day! Lucky me!

I found this piece of prose that sort of sums up what I want to say to my sister.

"Because" by Steven Reiser

Because we have things in common
We have the joy of sharing them

Because we are so different
There is so much we can learn from each other

Because we love each other
We look for the good in the other

Because we are forgiving
We overlook the faults in each other

Because we are patient
We give each other time to understand

Because we are filled with kindness
We compliment the things we do for each other

Because we can empathize
We know what it's like to stand in each other's shoes

Because we have character
We enjoy each other's uniqueness

Because we have faith
We believe in the best for the future

Because we are honest
We are comfortable to trust each other

Because we are filled with loyalty
We always know the other will be there

I've known Mat since he was 18 (he's 30 now,) and I can honestly say that I probably don't know another couple who are so compatible with eachother than him and my sister. I am so happy for her. With love to you and Mathew, Rachie. x

N x

No comments: