Sunday 25 January 2009

Catching Up



When I went to University I had a wonderful close friend who I lived with in halls who I kept in touch with for years after, but somehow we lost touch 8 years ago, down to geography, difficult personal times and general life. I've thought about her a lot over the years and decided in august that I would set about finding out where she was and make contact. I used the usual Facebook, Myspace and Google but nothing came up under her name. I'd had an email from Friends Reunited a few days before from a man who I didn't recognise and for some reason I decided to try the website to see if I could find her. When I logged on and read that message it was from her husband's account and it was her finding me!!!

We've exchanged lots of emails and spoken on the phone and this weekend I drove up to see her and her husband and 15 month old son (who I now adore) in the Lake District, and we had such a lovely time! We chatted about old times, laughed at old photos, caught up on new ones, shared the last 8 years and ate and drank and generally had a really chilled out weekend. It felt like we'd never been apart.

Us waiting to pass a road block:


Said road block!:


Spooky things have happened though. There's that email, then we both have the same first and middle names and we found out that our babies were born at exactly 6.26am! I believe in fate and I am so glad we are back in touch. Thanks Nic for a wonderful weekend. I've missed you loads and I know we'll never lose touch again. I'm so glad you're back in my life, and although we have missed out on some important things, the future is bright! Good luck next week, and you know I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you in the coming months. See you soon xxxxx


Going out for the afternoon with W, my new surrogate son:



John, Nic and W:

No comments: