Monday 19 January 2009

Crystals Rain!

I'm still making, making, making for my upcoming shoot for my website. Last night I started to make a pearl and crystal encrusted headband in some beautiful soft purples, pinks and creams. All my Swarovski crystals are neatly stored in acrylic boxes so they are easy to select, and most of all I can see when I am getting low on a colour to be able to reorder.

I'm not sure what happened because one minute i was beading happily, and the next the floor, myself and the cat bed were covered in crystals as about 1000 of them happily spilled all over as I knocked the box off my desk. There were a few choice words, I tell you!


Here's the result. I don't have the patience, time or energy to regroup them at the moment so they are all a multi coloured mess, but look very pretty!

This is the headband I'm making. It is gorgeous and would be perfect for bridesmaids or for a special occasion to compliment an outfit. I'm really pleased with how it's turning out but it takes ages to thread as there are so many beads in it.


I've also made a tiara crown which again is encrusted with Swarovski crystals and pearls, which is sooo sparkly and would be perfect for an up-do or to wear in front of a veil.


I've also packed up some jewellery ready for the shoot and made a set list. (John my photographer won't believe I am so organised!)


My wireless router finally packed up at the weekend so I was left without internet connection on saturday and I felt like I'd had a limb amputated! I didn't realise how much I rely on my computer and not being able to look stuff up was torture! I had to go to mom and dad's to get my fix! Luckily I have a nice spangly new one now which is all fitted (thanks Kris!) and working perfectly so hopefully all my internet problems are over!

N x

No comments: