Monday 27 April 2009

Paper and Paint

Well today I'm waiting on an order for sinamay and feathers to make 2 fascinators, so I've been very productive. I've got paint and wallpaper samples after finding a theme I like in a magazine for my lounge. I LOVE this paper, and the colour is Cooking Apple Green from Farrow and Ball. Yummy! My new sofas are going to be a light chocolate brown and my carpet is a biscuit cream colour so I think it will all go well. I might, of course, change my mind before committing to the green walls, but I can't wait to make a feature of my fireplace wall with a patterned paper.



P came home and cooked fruit cakes (I measured out the ingredients, she mixed it all together and spooned it into the cases), and she's already eaten a big one! Topped with chocolate icing and Smarties! Yummy!


It's rained all day here, so my friend Richard came over to put my new garage desk together and I sorted out all my feathers and sinamay into boxes, so now everything is completely organised and it feels great! I can't wait to get everything else in and start working in there but there's still a lot to do! I'll post my 'before' and 'after' photos soon!

N x

No comments: