Saturday 2 May 2009

Reflecting

Oooh, I think I've found my paper! I've had about 20 samples bluetacked to the wall over the last couple of days and this one is the one we all like. It's a gorgeous shade of duck egg blue with a bold pattern on it for my feature wall.


I've decided to have some cupboards built into my 2 alcoves to bring more symmetry to the room and create some much needed storage and some floating chunky shelves above one of them. My brother in law's father is a carpenter so hopefully he may do the job.


I have my crafty eye on a very cheap fire surround on ebay which I would paint white and use some slate tiles to go around the fire place to create a focal point in the room, like this, but my fire is a real one.


I ADORE this amazing mirror which I'm going to treat myself to today with some of the money I've made off my sofa which I sold on ebay too! It's a metre in diametre and will make a great focal point to my room.


I saw a great idea for housing my laptop which is compact and slimline and would give me more storage too. It's an old writing bureau which can be picked up quite cheaply and refurbished with a rub down and a coat of paint, and my laptop can be closed away when I'm not using it! Looks like a trip to the junk shop is in order!


I've made 2 fascinators for clients in Floss coloured sinamay, one Hayley design with silver biot feathers, and one Rachael design with chocolate brown stripped coque feathers. Both looked fab and are for May weddings.

It's a Bank Holiday weekend here and the sun is shining! Have a good one!

N x

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Looks like you have been VERY busy! Can't wait to see how everything turns out for you and your feature wall! I LOVE the paper! We must share a passion for blue as when I was doing my feature wall I was looking for a robin's egg blue. LOL. Take care!